Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Tasha Tuesday

I've done this before, but now I've updated it with Tasha's photo. These are the four dogs that I've had in my life. So far. First there was Lassie. She was a purebred rough collie, the biggest of the four. My dad brought her home when she was just weaned, and this photo was taken not long after that. It was the mid '60s. It's one of the few photos I have of her. Lassie was our family dog until 1977.

Left to right: Lassie, Collette, Callie, and Tasha. Female sheepdogs, all.

The second dog was Collette. Ken and I adopted her in 1992 when we lived in the Silicon Valley city of Sunnyvale. Collette was a mixed breed, but obviously had a lot of Shetland Sheepdog in her. In 1995, the three of us moved back to San Francisco and then to France in 2003. She was with us for fourteen years. We think of her often and miss having her around.

The third dog was Callie, as many of you know, a purebred border collie born in 2007 here in France. She was the second largest dog of the four. Unfortunately, she left us this past summer at just ten years old. We miss her a great deal.

And now, of course, there's Tasha (full name: Natasha of the Wolves of Isengard). She's a Shetland Sheepdog, purebred. She was born earlier this year and is now over nine months old. Tasha is the smallest of the four dogs. We're looking forward to growing old with her.

8 comments:

  1. All sweet memories I'm sure. And all beauties. Wishing you a lot of years of love with Tasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome foursome of reminiscences they provide you with. Enough to make my eyes dampen - and I know I'm not alone. You've been ever so lucky, as have they with you - continuing daily, of course, with the lovely T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll go for the superficial and Collette was/is the nicest looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful bond it is we have with our pets. I love seeing all of these sweeties together.
    It cracks me up that your family named your collie Lassie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful memories, I'm sure. And now beautiful Tasha to be part of your family. What a joy she must be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely doggies! They're such great and lovable mates and it's so sad to have to let them go - often too soon. :(( My oldest brother had to take that terrible decision to let their border collie go today. Like Callie, she most likely had a hernia and couldn't get up/do anything this morning. Her whimpering woke them up. She was 14 years old, but it's always too soon. :((

    ReplyDelete
  7. mitch, thanks. We hope so!

    raybeard, :)

    andrew, she was a beauty. Of course, they all were/are in my eyes. I couldn't choose.

    anne marie, :)

    judy, when I saw her, I said, "It's Lassie!" and that became her name.

    thickethouse, joy is having most of puppyhood behind us! lol

    elgee, so sorry to hear that. It is very difficult, but they leave good memories behind.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!