Friday, February 24, 2017

Return

As I type this at six in the morning, Ken's plane is just crossing Ireland on its way into Paris. Landing is estimated at about 07h15. I really like the flight radar tracking site on the internet. After de-planing, he'll go through immigration and then on to baggage claim. Then he'll have a couple of hours to wait before his train leaves.

A lone tree out among the vines. We've watched this tree grow bigger over the last 14 years.

The airport is a stop on the TGV (high-speed train) network. From the middle of the airport to Tours takes about an hour and a half for a 260 km trip; the train doesn't get up to full speed until it gets out of the urbanized area. Tours is about a 45 minute drive from our house. I'll pick him up after doing some shopping over there. I don't know how jet-lagged he'll be. The flight was overnight, but if he got any sleep it was probably not much. I made a pot of lentils and sausages so we can have lunch when we get back.

7 comments:

  1. Seems a perfect "welcome home"-lunch to me, Walt :-)! Enjoy being together again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, lentils and sausages sounds yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lunch sounds delicious. The photo is beautiful. Glad Ken will be home. I love those trains that come right into the airport.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A caring partner, just as you should be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't sleep at all on the plane, and to top it all off, I had a severe allergy attack starting about 2 hours before our landing. I'm still allergy-plagued this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. give ken a big smooch; I bet you missed him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. jan, it was tasty!

    judy, turned out well. Now we have leftovers.

    mitch, the train station at the airport is so very convenient.

    andrew, that's me. Except when it's not. lol.

    anne marie, :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!