Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The other feeder

This bird feeder hangs from a branch of one of the twin maples in the front yard. Again, once I get the camera, the birds see me and fly away. I can assure you they were out there doing their best to empty the feeder just before I snapped this.

It only takes a day or two for the birds to almost empty this feeder.

Most of the seeds end up on the ground and the birds walk around eating them.

I suppose I could just pour the seeds directly on the ground, but that wouldn't be any fun.

2 comments:

  1. my birdies do that too; BUT it allows the bigger birds (like mourning doves) a chance to get some seed since the big birds can't perch on the feeder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no it would not be fun.
    Grandfather had several types of feeders for his entertainment more than addressing the needs of various species of birds.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!