Sunday, July 03, 2016

Silo Number 5

I didn't know anything about this building when I took the picture. If I had, I might have done more with it. From what I've read since, the silo is included in a historic preservation effort that's under way at this site, called Pointe-du-Moulin (Mill Point). It's an attempt to preserve and enhance the character of some of Montréal's industrial waterfront as it transitions to a new urban neighborhood. You can read about it here.

Silo Number 5. Jake was here.

At this point in my walk I left the canal area behind and moved into Vieux Montréal (Old Montreal). As I mentioned, I was getting hungry. I knew that there would probably be someplace to eat in the streets of the old city, which is more or less a tourist mecca, replete with t-shirt and souvenir shops.

4 comments:

  1. It will be interesting to see what's done with this. It's already surprisingly beautiful and offers great opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a huge space to fill. It would be cool to fill it with art. I'm thinking about the Tate Modern now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PLENTY of great cafes/shops in old city montreal; my fave place to hang out in that city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, I agree. Maybe one day!

    stuart, good idea...

    anne marie, I did find one and it was pretty good. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!