Thursday, July 07, 2016

Brunch

The place I found for lunch/brunch was called le Magasin Général (The General Store). I liked a lot of the stuff they had for sale, but resisted buying trinkets on my first day of vacation. Attached to the store was a little bistro. There were a few customers, but it was not full, and I got a table against the wall near the piano.

The view from my table. The store is through the doors on the other side of the piano.

If you click on the link above, you can take a look at their menu. I ordered an omelette au four (an oven-baked omelet) with bacon and cheddar cheese. It resembled a soufflé and came with a delicious green salad and a piece of yummy bread. I also asked for a glass of wine, a California cabernet sauvignon.

My bacon and cheddar oven-baked omelet. It was light and fluffy, almost like a soufflé.

It was funny because it was around 10:00am and I wasn't sure if they would serve me wine at that hour. I asked the server, and he had to go check. When he came back, he said I could have wine, but only if I ordered food. I assured him that I was there to eat, and all was well. And it was all mighty tasty.

7 comments:

  1. That looks right tasty -in very pleasant surroundings as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great-looking place. So strange to have to worry if it's too early for wine and then to be required to have food with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an interesting looking omelet and a fine looking brunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really wonderful looking food! Great looking place, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooooooooooh, that is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a very tasty brunch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. potty, yes, and yes. :)

    mitch, I wasn't familiar with the alcohol customs/laws, so I wanted to ask to be sure. The place is not a bar, so serving just wine is probably against the rules.

    evelyn, it was really good!

    judy, a warm respite from a chilly, damp morning.

    anne marie, lol!

    emm, it certainly was!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!