Saturday, November 07, 2015

What's on tv

I've been watching the Paris Open Masters tournament all week. Today is semi-finals day with the final on Sunday evening. I'll wager Djokovic will dispatch Wawrinka, but I wouldn't predict Ferrer v. Murray. That should be a slugfest!

I've heard of "The Hunger Games," but I've not read the books, so I probably won't watch the movies.

What NOT to watch this week. Our tv magazine rates shows and movies using a star system: one star is ok, four stars is best. They use another symbol for really bad movies: the red dot. It means "à zapper" (change the channel!). The editors often include comments about the movie that make me laugh.

This one's from New Zealand. Even the Kiwis can make bad films. The French title means "The Buried Heart," but the film's actual title is "Cave In."

Le cœur enseveli (Cave In). New Zealand made-for-tv movie. Directed by Rex Plano, 2003.
With Mimi Rogers, Ted Shackelford, and Bruce Allpress.
A police commissioner calls on her experience to help four miners trapped underground.
This little disaster film totally sacrifices the potential of its spectacular story in favor of the conventional and the bland.
For adults and kids over 10.

1 comment:

Tell me what you think!