Saturday, August 08, 2015

What's on tv

Well, this certainly isn't. Tom Cruise's fifth "Mission: Impossible" comes out in theaters this week. So, TF1 is showing "Mission: Impossible 3." I remember seeing the first film in the US, I think, when it came out on television or on DVD, but I haven't seen any of the sequels.

The speculation about Earth-like planets is all the rage right now.

What NOT to watch this week. Our tv magazine rates shows and movies using a star system: one star is ok, four stars is best. They use another symbol for really bad movies: the red dot. It means "à zapper" (change the channel!). The editors often include comments about the movie that make me laugh.

Not Bigfoot again! But who could pass up a movie with Danny Partridge AND Greg Brady?

Bigfoot. American made-for-tv movie. Directed by Bruce Davison, 2012.
With Danny Bonaduce, Barry Williams, Sherilyn Fenn.
Two men come together to hunt a legendary creature in the mountains.
The special effects are almost as bad as the actors. We feel sorry for Sherilyn Fenn ("Twin Peaks"). On the other hand, the appearance of Alice Cooper as himself is hilarious!
For adults and children over 10.

4 comments:

  1. They should have billed it as Partridge Family meets Brady Bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cover photo. I tossed and turned also and now am up early. C'est la vie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mission Impossible: I remember the TV series. I haven't seen any of the movie versions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mike, exactly!

    evelyn, it's the heat.

    ellen, I loved the series when I was a teenager. It's on here, but it's dubbed, so I don't watch it. Not the same.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!