Friday, July 31, 2015

And the livin' is easy

It seems that we made it through our cold spell and the summer weather is returning today. The weekend will see us back in summer heat. I hope the tomatoes will like that. The rain barrels are full, so I'll be watering with free water for a while. There's not much going on in the vineyards that I can see. They've been doing a lot of mowing out there lately, and they've completed another round of trimming the vines into neat rows.

A mid-summer morning among the vines.

I finally (after a couple of weeks) took the step to drill holes in the newly painted den walls to hang pictures. I'm not done yet, but so far I'm liking it. Maybe there will be photos...

7 comments:

  1. The cooler spell has been a welcome change from the baking heat of Mid July - I had almost forgotten what it was like to feel cool and comfortable. But it will be nice to feel the warmth again too - as long as it's not in the high 30's for too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to add, I'm looking forward to the pictures of the den!

      Delete
  2. lovely landscape but time is flying too fast... and days are shorter now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, green vineyard, promise of good wines to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jean, agreed. But it's too soon to be cold!

    gosia, so true!

    judy, it's what we do. ;)

    emm, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well there should be photos. You have taken so many wonderful ones.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!