Saturday, February 21, 2015

What's on tv

It's Oscar time. We just had the Césars last night in France. I have no idea who won. From the looks of this cover, Clint Eastwood is up for his direction of "American Sniper." France would like Marion Cotillard to win her second Oscar for "Deux jours, une nuit." And who could resist an article called "Backstage with the Fashion Police?" Moi, that's who.

Special Oscar Edition.

What not to watch this week. Our tv magazine rates shows and movies using a star system: one star is ok, four stars is best. They use another symbol for really bad movies: the red dot. It means "à zapper" (change the channel!). The editors often include comments about the movie that make me laugh.

This is a television series that I believe originates in the US. I can't confirm it, but it may be called "Ghost Hunters" or "Ghost Hunters International" there. Here in France it's called "I filmed ghosts." I've never seen it. I don't hold with the paranormal, alien visitations, or ghosts. I don't believe in spooks.

J'ai filmé des fantômes. 2013. Four episodes.
Stories of people who've had an encounter with the paranormal.
Children could be frightened by this, maybe. Adults will surely find this program ridiculous, and they will be right!
Not for children under 10.

3 comments:

  1. I don't care for Clint Eastwood anymore, so I'll be just fine with someone else winning in that category.
    I think I've come across that Ghosts show... or something like it. It's always filmed in that ridiculous "night vision" look. I zoom past it when I'm surfing around on the TV. (I really don't get the fascination with "ghosts"... really??).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope American Sniper of Clint Eastwood won’t win as I don’t like war movies – there are enough wars as it is. I was very small but I still remember bombardments over Paris and when going to Normandie seeing all the houses in ruins. I heard “The Grand Budapest Hotel” is great – but unlikely to win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was recently reminded they are on tomorrow night.
    I suppose I will have them on in the background. but I plan to sew mostly.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!