Saturday, December 20, 2014

What's on tv

Our weekly tv guide magazine. I might make this a regular thing. Tell me if you hate it. I figure that French television is part of the French experience. I'm not a tv snob. I watch a lot. French, American, Canadian, and British stuff. I like that our satellite package lets us choose the language for many programs. I can watch American and British programming in English, and French programming in French (of course).

It's Christmas week, and there are lots of cheesy specials on. I won't watch most of them.

The satellite package we have is good. But with all that's available, there are still times when I say that there's nothing on. Oh well. That's what DVDs and downloading are for, n'est-ce pas ?

6 comments:

  1. I'm game, Walt. We can only watch TV on rare occasions (there's no cable out our way) so it's all new and interesting to me.

    I must say, watching TV in France was a bit of an adjustment for me. I had such high expectations--after all, it's French--but it seems to be about the level of American TV, and that's pretty poor. Hopefully I'll learn of some good TV programs from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine with me. You've never said anything that I "hate," and I don't expect that you're going to start now.
    The dumbest French TV show that I've ever bumped into was a knockoff of Three's Company.
    I do enjoy many French TV ads, probably because I don't see them very often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHEN are we going to get another series of Engrenages, that's what I want to know.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!