Monday, August 11, 2014

Hanging around

The grapes out in the vineyards continue to mature. There's still a long way to go until we see the harvesters, but one day later this fall, these grapes will likely become wine. I'm not at all sure what color these will be; I have still not mastered which leaf shapes belong to which varietal. And there are not enough leaves in the photo to do an accurate comparison with online images.

Sauvignon blanc? Gamay? Cabernet franc? Time will tell.

It's time to cut the weeds grass in the back yard. Wild carrot seems to be proliferating in certain sections, while other weeds wildflowers are popping up elsewhere. And don't even mention moles. Their hills are everywhere. I'll have to spend some time this morning shoveling mole dirt into the wheelbarrow. I relocate the dirt to low spots in other parts of the yard. Yes, it's a glamorous life I lead.

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe that your wind was so strong that it bent 'mater plants and corn stalks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our cats are not molers and it's a pity. Moles rule in my little garden- I'm sharecropping with the varmints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a bit glamorous. After all, they're FRENCH moles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This morning a mole had undermined our rotary clothes drier. The ground spike must have given it a headache. They say compact nuclear explosions get rid of moles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there any validity you can tell the grape varietal by the shape of the leaf?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!