Tuesday, April 01, 2014

A green accent

I assume this is a rental property or someone's private vacation home. It's built up against the ramparts of the castle at Le Grand-Pressigny, about an hour south of us. The sign says "Castle Cottage," leading me to believe the owners are British.

Blue-green paint on the gate, door, shutters, and window trim.

I had a very productive Monday. In the morning, I power-washed the deck. Now it's ready for a season of barbequing and eating al fresco. I also got one of our mini-greenhouses set up out there for the new seedlings. Tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant are all sprouting now.

After lunch I cut the grass in the north forty, the section of our yard on the north side of the house. I left a big patch of primroses, but the rest of the grass really needed to be cut before it got any longer. The weather was great, sunny with a high of 18ºC (about 64ºF). And that's no April Fool.

5 comments:

  1. That house has a great look to it. And I'm lovin' all that stone ! Congrats on getting all that work done. Time to fire up the grill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. baseball season started for me yesterday, and we actually WON a game!

    not yet warm enough to eat outdoors here yet; currently 39F at 6a, high to be about 50F today. no grass to cut, no flowers to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, Walt! Woo hoo! Dining al fresco and hanging on the deck and bbq-ing sure sound appealing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very productive day, indeed! Looking forward to seeing those young seedlings. Here comes Spring (for you, anyway!).

    Mary in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  5. stuart, I'm ready!

    anne marie, congrats! To the Phillies, not the weather...

    judy, it sure does, but eating outside will have to wait a little longer.

    mary, once they get a little bigger, I'll re-pot them individually so they'll be ready to go into the garden in May.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!