Friday, January 24, 2014

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may

Or, in my case, ye kindling. I took the wheelbarrow over to our neighbor's property yesterday and picked up two loads of downed birch branches to use as kindling. He's told me in the past to feel free to gather them up whenever I want to. It saves him the trouble of clearing them out before he cuts the grass for the first time in the spring.

Grape vines are planted on the slopes to take advantage of good drainage.

So I have a bit more kindling for the daily fires. I'll still need to gather up some more before too long so I can keep a rotation of dry branches handy. I only need to do this because I burned through all the kindling I had set aside during the summer. Happens every year around this time.

9 comments:

  1. I love this mornings picture, Walt...
    it makes the vineyard look like a hair brush...
    lovely graphic image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photoshop the trees away and you'll have a wonderful "guess what this is" picture! It's beautiful. P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I love everything about this photo ! Colors, framing, focus, repetition. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great shot. It's almost surreal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes yes yes, another amazing shot, Walt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This photo makes my eyes think the wines are moving up and over the hill. I don't know why; it just does!
    It makes me want to go with it, almost like being on a roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First I thought mohawks, then no, Walt is not in SF anymore. Then I thought hairbrush at the macro level, then, no. Then I just thought….lovely. Bravo again Walt!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!