Friday, March 22, 2013

I do declare

This is the Thomas Jefferson Memorial in Washington, DC, seen from across the Tidal Basin near the FDR Memorial. I don't think we walked all the way over to Tom's place on this trip, or I might have gotten an interior shot.

The portico faces north, toward the Washington Monument and the White House. Photo taken October 2006.

When in the course of touristic events, it becomes necessary for a people to rest their feet, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the resting of their feet. Or something like that.

7 comments:

  1. Great photo...in the glorious sunlight it looks even grander.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos in this Washington series. Hard to believe they were taken "no score and 7 years ago".

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mall in DC is really great with so many beautiful buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good hearty laugh after reading your 'discourse', Walt! One needs to have a good laugh each day. I look forward to that when I read yours and Ken's blogs! Keep up the photos with the light making those reflections - they are so peaceful-looking and calming to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue skies too..... I have forgotten what the lookalike

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!