Saturday, May 05, 2007

Photo Du Jour : Callie

I swear this is not going to turn into an all dog blog. But it's only Day Two.

Hey guys, thanks for all the cool store-bought toys, but I think I like this old brush the best.

Callie's exploring the heck out of the house, trying to figure out just how many things are chewable. Much more than I thought, it turns out. And she discovered that she can climb into the shower and lick the floor. Yuck.

She's showing her breed characteristics already : very active and needing lots of interaction. We play a lot and so far it's much fun. She's still too little for a lot of walking, but we're making the rounds in the back yard. It won't be long before we're out in the vineyard.

I haven't had a lot of time to process slides into blog-ready photos in the past 48 hours. We'll continue with the Normandy and Brittany road trip tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Callie and your carpet go together;-)

    I'm wondering if border collies like to nip at their owners heels like our Lucy did as a pup.

    I've heard that border collies belong to the Mensa of dogs. Callie seems like a brainy lassie so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All dog all the time is exactly what I want right now! I'm so excited for you and I cannot wait to see photos and more photos.

    So far, so good, it sounds like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claude, merci !

    Evelyn, yes, she does that. I think it's the herding instinct coming through.

    Cheryl, never fear - I'm sure there will be more photos !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous eyes! And the hairbrush penchant must mean that she has good grooming instincts. A nice clean girl (already helping you with the housework as well, e.g. shower licking).

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a cutie. I have always found that the most expensive toys go unused and a towel from the hamper is all the rage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new addition.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!