Monday, April 10, 2006

More Sights from Paris

The week went by quickly and we walked a lot. I think that's what the best part of being in Paris is, the walking. Oh, and there's the eating. And the wine. The people watching, the monuments, the art, the architecture. Did I mention the eating?

Here's a view of the Sacré Coeur from down on the Grands Boulevards. Around every corner is a new view, whether of something familiar seen from a different angle, or just something interesting you haven't seen before.

The camera I'm using has a pretty good zoom lens and I was able to get a close up of the dome on the Opéra Garnier.


Back on the rue Montorgueil, examples of the use of bright color as a counterpoint to the stone and slate of the buildings abound.


This is a restaurant just north of les Halles. Ken and I have been to this place, but many many years ago. I think he posted a recent picture of it on his blog, so sorry for the repeat.

2 comments:

  1. I love the restaurant photo and I also like the Eiffel Tower in all its representations. I'll be interested to see your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Claude! I'm getting the second in the tower series prepared; should be posted in the next couple of days!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!